Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Game on



A good friend of mine asked me to make some music for his upcoming game, Kid Electro.  He asked for something "upbeat, 8-bit, and funky."  This is what I came up with over a few days

Here's the deal with this.  I've always loved videogame music.  I remember being a little tyke and playing games like Castlevania IV,  Final Fantasy VI,  Megaman, Donkey Kong Country, and Chrono Cross.  I'd spend more time in the main menu listening to the sound effects and music than actually playing the game. I even purchased the imported 3CD soundtrack from Final Fantasy VI, spending more on the music than the actual game cost.  Definitely an early indicator of where I was headed profression-wise.

So.   getting a chance to do music for a game, is extremely awesome for me.  This was a lot of fun to put together.  And, although Ultrafonic doesn't even come close to the emotional impact the afore mentioned games had on me when I was still eating hot lunches, and keeping my homework in a five-star trapper keeper, I can assure you that it was made with the enthusiasm of an excited eight year old.  Anyway,  here it is: Ultrafonic!

No comments:

Post a Comment