Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Digitalcasm Daily Play #10

Shplatten Remixed by Conrad Rogers

 

original mix


About this guy


Conrad Rogers hails from Canada and is a DJ Producer of house, tech house, has a pretty strong presence on beatport, and is one of the corunners of Tigereye Recordings.
Facebook  -  Myspace  -  Beatport



Why I like this


This is a remix of Berny's Shplatten and is part of a release through Rogers's label called Shplatten 2012 EP.  Sometimes you just need to listen to techno music that sounds like the inside of a pinball machine.  I've had a lot of people encourage me to listen to detroit techno, house music from the 80s/90s and artists like Donny Fiasco over the last couple of years.  I took their advice and listened to tons of music, just sort of letting it play in the background and picking what I like and ultimately dismissing a hell of a lot of it.  It wasn't really my thing.  But then I listen to tracks like this and I'm reminded that there is good techno out there.  And I'm reminded that sometimes, remixes are better than their origins.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment